Saturday, January 22, 2011

Here Comes Spring!

Spring is just around the corner. I cannot wait!!!! This is my 2011 spring spool doll. She is full of spring color. I decided to add some extra charm to her by including a fun chunky hand soldered charm. It's amazing what a little "bling" can do :). Her body is wound with a pale pink and cream vintage style twine. And of course she is signed and dated for authenticity.

This is my “Spring Lady”. She is the first in my “2011 Ladies Series”. The inspiration for her came from Easter memories as a child and watching the Classic movie “Easter Parade”. I can remember watching those lovely ladies walking down the street in their beautiful dresses and hats. I wanted to design her with a feeling reminiscent of that Era. Her face has been hand painted with that “typical china doll look”. She has a robin-egg blue color in her eyes and beautiful golden hair.. (did I mention it took me 5 steps to finally achieve that perfect color?? definitely worth it though ). She is wearing a vintage style sage dress that bears those timeless Easter colors.



1 comment:

  1. Ohhh my gosh!!!! Love love love!

    How on earth had I not been to your blog before????!!!

    I am so so happy right now!!! :)

    YAY!!!

    xo

    ReplyDelete